If you are like me and definitely have a big sweet tooth, then this recipe is for you. I follow a plant-based diet and try to ingest little or no sugar. This recipe is easy, fast and it will satisfy those inevitable cravings for chocolate and sweets.
RAW COCO BLISS BALLS
- 1.5 tsp. raw maca powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp. organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic dark chocolate chips (optional-if you can’t find them use more cacao powder) I personally use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Brand (vegan, natural and sugar free)
- 8-10 soft medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or any other nut you make like
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Final Touches: You can roll your balls on cocoa powder, chia seeds and or coconut flakes or leave them as they are. Be creative and follow your bliss.
- Place all ingredients into a high power food processor and blend until small pebbles form. Roll into balls and refrigerate. Makes approximately 10 -20 cookie balls depending on the size you make them.
In case you are curious, below is a little info on two of the key super food, anti-oxidant ingredients:
MACA: “This plant is known as the Peruvian “ginseng” even though it’s not ginseng at all. However, it is known to increase energy, stamina, libido and reduce stress. It is an adaptogen, meaning, it’s important to take over a longer period of time to notice the effects. Maca is also very nourishing to the pituitary and hypothalamus glands, making it great for helping to balance male and female hormones.”
Raw Cacao: “The purest form of chocolate on planet earth. This food’s effect on mood and libido is due to its natural chemicals including anandamide and PEA, which are known to make you feel more “blissful” and “loving”. Additionally, it stimulates feel good hormones such as endorphins and may increase serotonin since it’s a source of tryptophan. Raw cacao is also an excellent source of antioxidants and, last but not least, it’s also bit of a libido-booster.”
And, with these two loving, blissful and libido boosting ingredients, Coco Bliss Balls may be the perfect dessert to serve next time you have a romantic date on the agenda…